Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Inspiration - The Gift that Keeps on Giving.

Inspiration is one of those things that is either hit or miss, right?  I mean... one minute you're sitting there thumping your head against the wall and the next.... you're bouncing to the rafters with so many ideas ... you think your head will explode.  

I've found that for myself.... inspiration hits in several different ways.   First... in the middle of the night... when I just think that I want to be asleep... or I'm pretending to be asleep.... it slips in... and BAM!  There it is... I open my eyes wondering if I ever went to sleep.  This has happened a great deal... so now... my solution... I have a pad and a pen right beside my bed... and when inspiration strikes... I just go with it.  I turn on the light... write it all down... think it through... as best I can at 2 and 3 in the morning and then ... go back to sleep... much sounder.  

Secondly... in the middle of conversations.   For some reason... it seems contagious to have a conversation with someone and they are excited about a project, an idea, a new restaurant or whatever it may be... and then all of a sudden.... you're drawn in.  You're just as excited and somehow this creates an internal energy that has a mind all of it's own.  

Lastly... inspiration... hits when I least expect it.  Driving down the road... sitting quietly by the fire... enjoying a quiet dinner.... the thoughts come at rapid fire.  It's times like these that I am grateful... because the creative process is one that you just don't question.   Whether you are planning an event, a promotion... working on a new menu, creating a new cocktail... planning a sales or marketing strategy... inspiration is all the same.  You just take it... and go with it.  

As I sit here writing this blog... I just realized... I had 2 new ideas for something... that came to me... just like that.  Whatever your situation.. and however you are inspired.... take it and run with it.   Be grateful for it... and use it to fuel your passion.   For me... inspiration is something that is like a gift that keeps giving and giving and giving.  I hope I never unwrap it completely!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

8 minutes and 46 seconds..... why it matters

8 minutes and 46 seconds.   Doesn't seem like a very long time, does it....or DOES it?   It’s already July and the last few weeks of May...